Taxes are a reality that few business owners look forward to each year. It can be tempting to wait until the last minute to gather the necessary information needed to complete your returns, but early tax planning can reduce the stress of paying taxes and result in significant savings.
Barrad & Shilling has a wide range of tax experience – running the gamut from common tax situations to more complex scenarios. There are many different strategies and tactics that can apply to small business owners. Some are directed at the business itself and others are focused on the owner’s individual tax circumstance. We view tax planning as an ongoing process; we stay up to date on the latest regulations, keep track of our business client’s accounting and take a proactive role in helping clients take advantage of all available credits and deductions.
As the need arises, we can advise on more complex matters including tax deferred exchanges, real estate transactions, passive activities, investment partnerships, limited liability corporations or LLC’s, tax credits, and business formations and terminations. In the event of the occasional tax audit, rest assured that we can also capably represent you before the IRS and other government agencies regarding tax matters.
What we do:
- Tax planning and preparation for individuals, businesses, trusts, and nonprofit organizations
- Choice of business entity selection for start-up businesses or joint ventures
- Consulting on the tax ramifications of real estate transactions, passive activities, investment partnerships, limited liability corporations or LLC’s, tax credits, and business formations and terminations
- Estate, gift, and trust tax planning
- Client representation before the IRS and other governmental agencies