“I enjoy working with business owners who invest every aspect of their lives into their businesses. Helping them set and achieve their goals is very gratifying. I love bringing organization and coherency to seemingly chaotic situations. Most business owners are very smart and capable but don’t always operate efficiently because accounting matters are not their strength. We can help them create systems that enhance the quality of their lives and enable them to focus their time and energy on more productive and enjoyable activities.
It’s very important to me that we always respond quickly to our clients’ phone calls and emails. We especially enjoy the proactive tax planning session, and making projections to help our clients make intelligent decisions so they are not taken by surprise. One of our main goals is to free up the CEO’s or business owner’s time by handling many of the compliance issues that burden a small business.
Sometimes we just provide that all-important sounding board and hands-on advice for all types of questions, ideas and problems – not just tax and accounting. I know both Mary Jane and I like being truly invested partners in the success and well-being of our clients.”
- In early career, worked as an Internal Revenue Agent with IRS, auditing business tax returns
- Over 34 practicing as a Certified Public Accountant
- Over 25 years as managing partner of our firm
- Extensive experience in complex tax situations including: tax deferred exchanges, real estate transactions, passive activities, investment partnerships / LLC’s, tax credits, business formation and termination and client representation before the IRS and other governmental agencies
Education and Credentials
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant, State of California
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting from San Diego State University
Personal — Interests and Family
- Father was a CPA and founder of our firm
- Enjoys traveling, nature and camping, food, wine, music, gardening, friends and family
- Married for 30+ years to Nancy who works with me in our business
- Two sons: Alex, a clinical psychologist treating military veterans at the VA; Simon, an operatic baritone